[QE-users] What is the correct method to calculate ELF?

Anson Thomas a_thomas at cy.iitr.ac.in
Sat May 13 05:32:26 CEST 2023

Dear all,

I am trying to calculate the electron localization function (ELF) using
Quantum ESPRESSO. However, I realize that it is not possible to correctly
calculate it with either the Ultrasoft or the PAW pseudopotentials.

With ultrasoft pseudos, the method is *not implemented fully*, while with
the PAW pseudopotentials, as per an old answer here
<https://narkive.com/10wFnvfE:2.689.38>, seems to indicate that ELF with
PAW is also not implemented.