[QE-users] Scf after relax

Ricardo Cecconello rcecconello at ucs.br
Thu May 11 21:15:21 CEST 2023

Dear QE users,

After relaxing the structure of a compound, I realized some SCF
calculations using the optimized atomic positions (both taking the
positions as in the output file and in the .xml file). Although
maintaining the other options the same, I found a total force that is six
times larger than that in the final relaxation cycle and some components of
the force are 14 times larger. What could be happening?

PS: the relaxation was NOT vc-relax, which I know gives different results
at the final cycle.

--
Enviado via UCSMail.