[QE-users] [EXTERNAL] The phonon code with Raman and Hubbard U is not implemented

Lorenzo Paulatto lorenzo.paulatto at cnrs.fr
Thu May 11 20:55:32 CEST 2023

On 11/05/2023 17:28, Lorenzo Bastonero wrote:
> Dear Rijan,
>
> To warn you: these steps are involved, and you might need to code
> quite a bit and have to know the theory behind. Refer to the before
> mentioned paper.

There is a half-way solution, which consists in doing numerical
derivatives of the dielectric constants. This works with LDA+U with
"Atomic" type projections, but not LDA+U+V.

I did a tutorial (very simplified) a few years ago, it shoudl be here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0Bzgwv8VZEl9SRDQwckRJVlkyUzA?resourcekey=0-BnSQk84YUeRvCNze9XKCAA&usp=sharing

hth

> If you are willing to do so, you can find the first steps in example
> 10 of PW
> (https://gitlab.com/QEF/q-e/-/tree/develop/PW/examples/example10).
>
> Then you might try to have a look in the PHonon/FD module
> (https://gitlab.com/QEF/q-e/-/tree/develop/PHonon/FD).
>
> All the best,
> Lorenzo
>
> ********************************
> Lorenzo Bastonero
>
> PhD Student
> U Bremen Excellence Chair,
> Bremen Center for Computational Materials Science,
> and MAPEX Center for Materials and Processes
>
> University of Bremen
> Faculty of Production Engineering
> TAB-Building, Room 3.32
> Am Fallturm 1
> 28359 Bremen, DE
>
> http://www.hmi.uni-bremen.de/
>
>> Il giorno 11 mag 2023, alle ore 16:13, Karkee, Rijan
>> <rkarkee at lanl.gov> ha scritto:
>>
>> Hi Lorenzo,
>>
>> Thanks for the information. May I know, for now, what steps are
>> involved so that I can compute those steps by hand?
>> I want to know which module to run first and what would be the input
>> file should include and likewise for the next steps.
>>
>> Thank you so much.
>>
>> Best
>> Rijan Karkee

Dr. Lorenzo Paulatto
IdR @ IMPMC - CNRS UMR 7590 & Sorbonne Université
phone: +33 (0)1 442 79822 / skype: paulatz
http://www.impmc.upmc.fr/~paulatto/ - https://anharmonic.github.io/
23-24/423 B115, 4 place Jussieu 75252 Paris CX 05