[QE-users] Clarification on the diffusion coefficient calculation

Mauro Francesco Sgroi maurofrancesco.sgroi at unito.it
Fri Mar 24 13:26:09 CET 2023

Dear  Kazume,
thanks a lot for the reply.
Thanks for the information.
I am not calculating the MSD by myself but just looking at the output of
pw.x at the end of the calculation. I suppose that the value printed by
Quantum Espresso is calculated using a certain number of MD timesteps. So
it should discard the initial part of the trajectory.
Do you know where I can find this information?

Moreover, is there a reference for the selection of raise in MD with
velocity rescaling?

Thanks a lot for your help and best regards,
Mauro.

_______________________

Dr. *Mauro Francesco Sgroi*

Department of Chemistry