[QE-users] Are my PBE0 calculations running correctly?

NAIMI SALMA salma_naimi at um5.ac.ma
Thu Mar 2 13:09:04 CET 2023

Dear GIUSEPPE,

--->First of all it is not ZnO but CuI :-D
I'm working on CuI but I got confused and commented  in the post of another user . I receveid a mail containing her post. And I typed her name too in my comment. Sorry but I'm still not familliar with the use of the forum, as I'm new here :)

---->Please *don't use PAW pseudopotentials for EXX calculations*! There is
no gain and it makes the EXX part of the calculation less stable. Use
norm-conserving pseudopotentials instead.

I want to do a comparison between GGA, GGA+U and PBE0. In GGA and GGA+U I used PAW pp, I don`t know if it will be right to use another type of pseudopotential, and be able to compare them because in previous publications I noticed that they always use same pseudopotential.

----> Then find in the manual the variable ecutfock and reduce the cutoff
for the calculation of EXX to something between ecutwfc and 2*ecutwfc.
You save a lot of time&resources without losing accuracy.

Where can I find the manual please. Is ecutfock a parameter that I should include in the input file.

----> Finally, your cell is cubic. Use ibrav=1 instead of 0, as this can
reduce the k-points actually used by the code in the automatic grid.

Do I have to change something in the input file as a consequence of changing ibrav from 0 to 1.

Salma NAIMI
PhD student-Mohamed 5 University-Rabat
________________________________
Please *don't use PAW pseudopotentials for EXX calculations*! There is
no gain and it makes the EXX part of the calculation less stable. Use
norm-conserving pseudopotentials instead.

Then find in the manual the variable ecutfock and reduce the cutoff
for the calculation of EXX to something between ecutwfc and 2*ecutwfc.
You save a lot of time&resources without losing accuracy.

Finally, your cell is cubic. Use ibrav=1 instead of 0, as this can
reduce the k-points actually used by the code in the automatic grid.

HTH
Giuseppe

Quoting NAIMI SALMA <salma_naimi at um5.ac.ma>:

> Dear GIUSEPPE,
>
> It's my first time to use PBE0.
>
> I attached my input and output files.
>

> ------------------------------
> Salma NAIMI
> PhD student-Mohamed 5 University-Rabat
>
> ________________________________

GIUSEPPE MATTIOLI
Via Salaria Km 29,300 - C.P. 10
I-00015 - Monterotondo Scalo (RM)
Mob (*preferred*) +39 373 7305625
Tel + 39 06 90672342 - Fax +39 06 90672316

The Quantum ESPRESSO community stands by the Ukrainian
people and expresses its concerns about the devastating
effects that the Russian military offensive has on their
country and on the free and peaceful scientific, cultural,
and economic cooperation amongst peoples
Quantum ESPRESSO is supported by MaX (www.max-centre.eu<http://www.max-centre.eu>)