[QE-users] Are my PBE0 calculations running correctly?

Giuseppe Mattioli giuseppe.mattioli at ism.cnr.it
Thu Mar 2 12:46:48 CET 2023

First of all it is not ZnO but CuI :-D

Please *don't use PAW pseudopotentials for EXX calculations*! There is
no gain and it makes the EXX part of the calculation less stable. Use
norm-conserving pseudopotentials instead.

Then find in the manual the variable ecutfock and reduce the cutoff
for the calculation of EXX to something between ecutwfc and 2*ecutwfc.
You save a lot of time&resources without losing accuracy.

Finally, your cell is cubic. Use ibrav=1 instead of 0, as this can
reduce the k-points actually used by the code in the automatic grid.

HTH
Giuseppe