[QE-users] Problem installing unfold.x

Paolo Giannozzi paolo.giannozzi at uniud.it
Fri Jul 21 23:19:51 CEST 2023

I guess "unfold" was aligned to the latest QE version, that has
libqefft.a in the FFTXLib/src subdirectory; QE v.7.0 still has
libqefft.a into the FFTXLib/ subdirectory. If you do not want to compile
a more recent QE version, try to change the location of the libqefft.a
library in "unfold" (just grep it)

Paolo

On 21/07/2023 15:10, Paulina Jureczko wrote:

> Dear QE developers and users,
>
> I tried to compile the unfold.x with Quantum Espresso v.7.0, but during
> the installation process (I made all of the steps like on the website
> 'https://bitbucket.org/bonfus/unfold-x/src/master/'), I faced with the
> following problem:
>
> make[1]: *** No rule to make target
> `/home/paulinaj/qe-7.0/FFTXlib/src/libqefft.a', needed by `unfold.x'.  Stop.
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/paulinaj/qe-7.0/unfold/src'
>
> I checked in the FFTXlib directory, and there is no 'src' catalogue.
> After several attempts to solve this problem, I do not know how to do it
> and I will appreciate the help.
>

> Bests regards,
>
> Paulina Jureczko
>
> PhD student, Institute of Physics
>
> University of Silesia, Poland

Univ. Udine, via delle Scienze 206, 33100 Udine Italy, +39-0432-558216