[QE-users] R: Question on local atomic charge

Mpayami mpayami at aeoi.org.ir
Fri Jul 7 10:30:41 CEST 2023

Dear Pietro Hello.
Thank you very much for your reply and detailed explanation.

Mahmoud

From: Pietro Davide Delugas (pdelugas at sissa.it)
Date: 16/04/1402 10:51
To: Mpayami (mpayami at aeoi.org.ir), Quantum ESPRESSO users Forum (users at lists.quantum-espresso.org)
Subject: [QE-users] R: Question on local atomic charge

Hello
The local magnetic moments are used in the program for the implementation of the magnetic constraints. So they are defined to avoid overlaps and maximize coverage. Their usage for the constraints needs some caution. Still, it's quicker than other methods and easier to implement.
For what concerns the information, I agree that it is mostly qualitative. I think it may be helpful for quick inspection and recognition of the ground state magnetic pattern you have obtained. More rigorous evaluation of local magnetic moments, which are unfeasible during the SCF calculation, can be done during post-processing.
Pietro