[QE-users] Full phonon dispersion calculation not converging for 2d monolayer

sunilch.cstaff sunilch.cstaff at iitd.ac.in
Mon Feb 13 14:52:52 CET 2023

Dear QE community,

I am trying to converge a full phonon dispersion calculation for a
monolayer material. However, the calculation is not converging for
convergence thresholds less than 10^-12. I have tried changing the
alpha_mix from 0.9 to 0.1 but still, the problem remains. I also tried
increasing the vacuum size in the z-direction from 10 A to 20 A but
still, the problem persists. There is a pattern that the convergence
decreases until 10^-12 and then starts to shoot up to large values (for
eg. upto 10^10). I am using full relativistic ultrasoft pseudopotential
with PBESOL functional.

I need help with why this is happening and how it can be resolved.

I am attaching the scf and phonon calculation files.

The convergence starts to shoot up after iteration 18.

--
Regards,
Sunil Choudhary