[QE-users] DFT-1/2 calculation using QE

Gusthavo Miranda gusthavomsb at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 27 17:05:32 CET 2023

Dear Abdul,

I am reaching out to you as a member of Professor Lara Teles' research group, which developed the DFT-1/2 method. I wanted to share some exciting developments in our work, particularly in automating the process using DFT-1/2 for VASP. You can find more details about our progress on the project's PyPI page: https://pypi.org/project/minushalf/

Moreover, we are currently working on extending the automation to be compatible with Quantum ESPRESSO. If this aligns with your interests, I invite you to reach out to either myself or Professor Lara directly (https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=Z6baO1UAAAAJ&hl=en&oi=ao). We have already implemented the method successfully in Quantum ESPRESSO and have some examples available.

Feel free to contact us for further details.

Best regards,

Gusthavo Brizolla, PhD Candidate
Aeronautics Institute of Technology - ITA - Brazil