[QE-users] Convergence issue in spin-polarized SCAN calculation

Pietro Davide Delugas pdelugas at sissa.it
Mon Dec 25 20:03:50 CET 2023

Dear Jing Lian

We recently made a change in the routine that mixes the kinetic energy density for the spin polarized case. This improves significantly the convergence of metaGGA spin polarized calculations, it is available in the new qe release 7.3 ( the tag has just been done in the repository).
Could you try whether these changes fix your convergence issue?
Thanks and best regards
Pietro