[QE-users] calculation on the static dielectric constant

Yu, Jingjing jy95vowa at studserv.uni-leipzig.de
Sat Dec 2 20:00:18 CET 2023

Dear QE  experts,

I would like to calculate the static dielectric constant by using the
linear response method. I already got some result by using the option of
"epsil" of ph.x code. The result in the output file has been attached.
I am wondering the dielectric constant result calculated here is the
real static dielectric constant (the sum of the ionic dielectric
constant and optical dielectric constant) or just the ionic contribution?

If it is just the ionic dielectric constant, how can I obtain the static
dielectric constant?

Any suggestion would be really appreciated! Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Jingjing

Leipzig University
Leipzig, Germany