[QE-users] Problem while running QE

Paolo Giannozzi paolo.giannozzi at uniud.it
Wed Aug 30 20:28:59 CEST 2023

On 29/08/2023 08:49, Piotr Szkudlarek wrote:
> After installing some new packages on my machine I started getting such
> error:  > [...]  Segmentation fault      (core dumped) mpiexec -n 24 --bind-to
core

> Am I right in assuming that the new installation could have removed some
> packages?

I don't think so: the executable should yield a different error if a
library is missing. More likely, some incompatibility with the libraries
linked in the executable. You may need to recompile, or maybe just to relink

Paolo
Univ. Udine, via delle Scienze 206, 33100 Udine Italy, +39-0432-558216