[QE-users] davcio error in phonon restart

zhouchao 994646659 at qq.com
Tue Apr 11 03:54:38 CEST 2023

Dear QE expert,

I have encountered an error while restarting the phonon module to calculate electron-phonon coupling. Specifically, I received the error message "Error in routine davcio (20): error reading file "/data/home/zhouchao/zc/diborides/MoTiB2/./tmp/_ph0/Mo1Ti1B4.q_4/Mo1Ti1B4.wfc42" during the calculation. I also found a related thread on the PW forum, which suggested that recompiling may be necessary.

I am using QE version 7.0, and I am wondering why this error occurred. Would recompiling do_phon solve the issue?

I would greatly appreciate your expert opinion on this matter. Please let me know if you need any additional information from me to better diagnose the issue.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Best regards, zhouchao