[QE-users] mixing distances

Aleksandra Oranskaia aleksandra.oranskaia at kaust.edu.sa
Sat Oct 29 09:23:38 CEST 2022

Dear Giuseppe,

Thank you a lot for your reply!
Will play with NaCl pair and different levels of theory, looks like a fun
system to understand theory better.

I do agree that the initial question is not well-defined. To limit the
topic to a semiconductor slab (for simplicity let it be symmetrical
relative to (xy) plane, i.e. no dipole is entering the vacuum above/below
the slab) and a neutral molecule: How can I be sure that an distance L
(between slab and a molecule, let it be 10 Angstrom) plane wave DFT code
sees them as two non-interacting systems?

--
Best wishes,
Al., phd candidate in chemical sciences

this email.