[QE-users] Ensemble_DFT simulation

KRISHNENDU MUKHERJEE krishnendu at nmlindia.org
Thu Oct 6 08:30:22 CEST 2022

Dear Community,

Few days back I wrote to this forum regarding the zero values of the eigenvalues:

--------------------------------------

When I practised the example 08 given in CPV/examples, I got the note:

NOTE : eigenvalues are not computed without ortho

And the reported eigenvalues are all zeros.

However, in the given reference output the note is not there. Also, the eigen values are non-zero.

Please suggest to solve the problem.

---------------------------------------

To solve it, I think, one may do few steps of orthogonalization = 'Gram-Schmidt', and then using the autopilot mode change it to "orthogonalization = 'ortho'.

By doing so, on_step 6, I got the values of the eigenvalues.

In the reference example08, the eigenvalues at the end of step 5 were:

Eigenvalues (eV), kp = 1 , spin = 1

-9.73 -8.12 -3.55 -2.45 -2.45 -1.20 -1.20 0.82

After Autopilot on_step 6, to orthogonalization = ‘ortho’, at the end of 10 step the eigenvalues I got is:

STEP: 10 0.00

Eigenvalues (eV), kp = 1 , spin = 1

-9.75 -8.13 -3.56 -2.46 -2.46 -1.21 -1.21 0.93

I hope in this way the cp.x runs with correct eigenvalues as compared to what might be happening with orthogonalization = 'Gram-Schmidt', only.

Thanking you,

Regards,

Krishnendu