[QE-users] Is it possible to use different input_dft for different types of atoms

Giuseppe Mattioli giuseppe.mattioli at ism.cnr.it
Thu Nov 17 14:07:27 CET 2022

No, definitely not... You cannot use exchange and correlation in an
atom-dependent way.
The only way I can think to introduce local, atomic-like corrections
in QE is to use DFT+U.
HTH
Giuseppe

Quoting Jibiao Li <jibiaoli at foxmail.com>:

> Dear all,
>

> I have a simple question about using "input_dft". Is it possible to
> use different input_dft for different types of atoms in a system? In
> this way, the system can be accurately described for some reasons.
>

> Regards
>

> Jibiao Li
>
> Department of Materials Science and Engineering
>
> Yangtze Normal University
>
> Juxian Avenue 16, Fuling, Chongqing, China 408100
>

> Scopus Research ID: 54944118000
>
> Web of Science Research ID: F-1905-2016

GIUSEPPE MATTIOLI
Via Salaria Km 29,300 - C.P. 10
I-00015 - Monterotondo Scalo (RM)
Mob (*preferred*) +39 373 7305625
Tel + 39 06 90672342 - Fax +39 06 90672316