[QE-users] Does QE contain any OpenMP optimization ?

Husak Michal Michal.Husak at vscht.cz
Sat Jan 29 22:16:10 CET 2022

Hi

I was comparing the speed of QE build with

--enable-openmp

and

--disable-openmp

MPI was disabled ...

>From what I see OpenMP is activated but the speed gain is zero ...

I was searching for OpenMP optimization flags in QE fortran code like

!$OMP PARALLEL etc ...

But I did not find any in important source codes ...

Did I not catch something or is there really no OpenMP optimization in QE and eventual MP speed up can be obtained only by the use of external (linear algebra, fft) libraries ?

Michal Husak UCT Prague