[QE-users] phonons calculations with -ni parallelization freezing

Pavel Ondračka pavel.ondracka at email.cz
Mon Feb 7 13:18:53 CET 2022

Hi,

I've been running some ph.x calculations with qe-6.8 using the -ni + -
nk parallelization. It started OK, but now it seems like some of the q
points are stuck for unknow reasons. Some of the -ni process groups
completed all of the work but some of them stop when they finish one q
point and shoudl start to work on another.

It just prints the new q-point that it should run, for example:
     Calculation of q =    0.1000000   0.2886751   0.0000000
and then no more output.

This is already a second run of recover=.true. calculation (the initial
run was stopped cleanly with max_seconds).

One output from both a process group where it finishes cleanly
"out.1_0" and from the currently stuck one (stuck for a day already)
"out.2_0" is attached.

My in file:
&inputph
prefix='Ti3AlC2',
ldisp=.true.,
fildyn='dyn.xml',
nq1=10,
nq2=10,
nq3=2,
tr2_ph=1.0d-16,
max_seconds=414000,
nmix_ph=5,
alpha_mix(1)=0.3,
fildvscf='dvscf',
recover=.true.,
/

Any ideas how I can salvage this calculation? I want to do EPW run on
top of it.

Best regards
Pavel Ondračka