[QE-users] using occupation matricx in DFT+U

Mahmoud Payami Shabestari mpayami at aeoi.org.ir
Tue Dec 13 12:24:45 CET 2022

Dear Matteo,

Hi.

Thank you for your reply.

In fact, when I start a new scf, but using "startingpot='file'"  &
"startingwfc='file', and in addition "occupation='fixed'", then the starting
point of new scf should be the last step of the previous scf. Isn't it? But
I did not get that, and so I switeched off all "starting_ns_eigenvalue" to
be sure if they affect the result, but did not succeed.

To summarize, I expect to get the result when I would "restart" a clean end
of scf when I feed the scf the values of "startingpot", "startingwfc", and
"scf occupation matrix".

Please correct me if I am not correct.

Bests,

Mahmoud

Dear Mahmoud

the occupations are written on disk at the end of the self-consistent cycle
of a DFT+U calculation (you need a finite U at least).
if you restart a DFT+U calculation from a previous one, reading the
potential that was saved,
the code will automatically read also the occupations. I don't think you can
read only the occupations at the moment, although it would not be hard to
implement.

Best regards,

Matteo

Il giorno mar 13 dic 2022 alle ore 09:56 Mahmoud Payami Shabestari via users