[QE-users] using occupation matricx in DFT+U

Matteo Cococcioni matteo.cococcioni at unipv.it
Tue Dec 13 10:02:34 CET 2022

Dear Mahmoud

the occupations are written on disk at the end of the self-consistent cycle
of a DFT+U calculation (you need a finite U at least).
if you restart a DFT+U calculation from a previous one, reading the
potential that was saved,
the code will automatically read also the occupations. I don't think you
can read only the occupations at the moment, although it would not be hard
to implement.

Best regards,

Matteo

Il giorno mar 13 dic 2022 alle ore 09:56 Mahmoud Payami Shabestari via
users <users at lists.quantum-espresso.org> ha scritto:

> Dear All,
>
> Hi.
> For starting an scf run in DFT+U, how can I input the selfconsistent
> occupation matrix of a previous run? That is, how can I save a
> selfconsistent occupation matrix in a first run, and how can I input that
> to a second scf run?
> Any comments is highly appreciated.
>
> Best regards,
> Mahmoud Payami