[QE-users] Reliable critical point finding in the density without CRITIC2?

Steven Kirk stevenrkirk at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 11:00:16 CEST 2022

Hello QE users,

Is there anyone who has a reliable code (other than CRITIC2) for
accurately finding critical points (grad rho=0) in the density?

My experience with CRITIC2 has been one of many spurious critical points
and completely missing BCPs in C=O bonds.

I would also want to accurately evaluate the quantum stress tensor at
these critical points. Can that be done accurately?

Thanks,
Steven Kirk

---
Prof. Steven R. Kirk (steven.kirk at cantab.net, suwen at hunnu.edu.cn)
100 Talents of Hunan Award Recipient
College of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Hunan Normal University
36 Lushan Road, Changsha 410081, Hunan Province, P.R. China
Website: http://www.beaconresearch.org
orcid.org/0000-0002-0462-6962