[QE-users] scf of orthorhombic structure

Kazume NISHIDATE nisidate at iwate-u.ac.jp
Tue Oct 26 12:05:29 CEST 2021

I don't know what type of primitive vectors you are choosing, but the
difference of the volumes may originate from the difference of their
definitions.

The simple orthorhombic Bravais lattice is identical to the
conventional cell with the volume of V=abc. While the volume of the
primitive face-centered orthorhombic unit cell is V=abc/4.
In your system, 45x4 => 180 is close to your value of 176.

see eg.
http://aflowlib.org/prototype-encyclopedia/orthorhombic_lattice.html

best regards
kazume NISHIDATE