[QE-users] where is my lowdin.txt....

Paolo Giannozzi p.giannozzi at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 08:28:19 CEST 2021

There has been a period in which the default file name file 'lowdin.txt'
had become '.txt' or something like that. Of course, it was a bug. In the
latest version, there is a variable allowing to set a name for it (filowdin
or something like that)

Paolo

On Thu, Oct 14, 2021 at 3:54 AM Schön, Carl-Friedrich <
schoen at physik.rwth-aachen.de> wrote:

> Dear Chris,
>
> Just a quick reply from my phone, therefore I cannot check.
> You are right, a lowdin file should be generated, but in my Winscp it is
> displayed as a hidden file. I don‘t remember setting a specific flag for
> the calculation (but could very well be that you need one), but maybe you
> haven‘t enabled to show hidden files, which is why you can‘t find it.
>
> All the best,
>
> Carl-Friedrich Schön,
> RWTH Aachen University
>
> Am 14.10.2021 um 09:20 schrieb Christoph Wolf <wolf.christoph at qns.science
> >:
>

> Dear all,
>
> This is probably a silly question but I could have sworn that a previous
> version of QE (projwfc.x to be precise) outputted a separate "lowdin.txt"
> with the lowdin charges that are usually printed at the end of the
> projwfc.x output - but I can't seem to find the switch for that.
>
> Has it ever existed or am I imagining it? ;)
>
> Best,
> Chris
>

> --
> Group Leader "Theory of Quantum Systems at Surfaces"
> IBS Center for Quantum Nanoscience
> Seoul, South Korea

Phone +39-0432-558216, fax +39-0432-558222