[QE-users] Density of states and Volume

patrizio.graziosi at cnr.it patrizio.graziosi at cnr.it
Sun Nov 14 10:28:38 CET 2021

At best of my understanding, the DOS "as is" in units of cell volume,
that is the unit cell volume is taken as unity, i.e. [ 1 / ( energy *
UnitCellVolume ) ] where UnitCellVoume=1.

To get it in units of cube meters, you should divide the DOS "as is"
by the unit cell volume. For example, if the unit cell volume were
50A^3, then a DOS of 1 in 1/eV becomes 2x10^28 in 1/(eVm^3), makes
sense?

Patrizio