[QE-users] occupation in biological molecules and band gap

xavier neto jxln_karate at yahoo.com.br
Tue Nov 2 01:04:31 CET 2021

Dear Mahmoud Payami,

Thank you for your answer. It helps me a lot.

So, I can use the Fixed occupation and, if the energy levels show a
small bandgap, I introduce the Smearing. Is it right?

About the second question. I've read that the result of HOMO - LUMO,
obtained after the SCF calculation, can give the bandgap. Can I obtain
the bandgap in that way? If yes, I just have to add the nbnd function in
the input file?