[QE-users] Interpolation for 2D phonons results in one imaginary branch near Gamma

Vahid Askarpour vh261281 at dal.ca
Wed Jul 14 17:29:40 CEST 2021

Hi Thomas,

This may not be directly related to your question and you may have already tried it but I found that for 2D materials, if in the vc-relax step, I ensure that the in-plane stresses are almost or exactly zero, I can make the flexural mode energies entirely positive along the various BZ segments.

Cheers,
Vahid

Vahid Askarpour
Department of physics and atmospheric science
Dalhousie University
Halifax, NS
CANADA