[QE-users] Optimizing QE Install

Lorenzo Paulatto paulatz at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 00:17:32 CET 2021

A bad compilation, may reduce performance by a factor 2, not 10. On the other hand hardware matters, CPU clock, CPU ability to sustain that clock for long periods of time, amount of L1, L2 and L3 cache, RAM access speed, disk speed. All these factors matter. Anyway, you can easily grab a free student/non-commercial version of the Intel or PGI compilers and see how much difference it makes.

hth
--
Lorenzo Paulatto - Paris