[QE-users] Doubt regarding the k - points between scf and nscf

pboulet pascal.boulet at univ-amu.fr
Sun Jan 10 09:57:24 CET 2021

Hello,

You can of course enlarge the number of k-points. But the grid size depends on what application you are targeting and it depends also on the size and type (metal/semiconductor/insulator) of your system. For band structure you can use 8x8x8 for Si. For a metal you will need a large grid. For optical or transport calculations you will need maybe 40x40x40, etc. You have to make tests to see how the properties are converging.

HTH
Best,

Pascal Boulet
—
Professor in computational materials chemistry - DEPARTMENT OF CHEMISTRY
University of Aix-Marseille - Avenue Escadrille Normandie Niemen - F-13013 Marseille - FRANCE
Tél: +33(0)4 13 55 18 10 - Fax : +33(0)4 13 55 18 50
Email : pascal.boulet at univ-amu.fr <mailto:pascal.boulet at univ-amu.fr>