[QE-users] reflection-absorption IR spectra

Michal Krompiec michal.krompiec at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 14:30:03 CET 2021

Dear Paolo,
Thank you, this is what Lorenzo Paulatto suggested, too:
the dynmat.x (not matdyn.x) code computes the IR cross section, if you
give it in input the dynamical matrix at Gamma with effective charges.
In recent versions of the code, the calculation is done in
LR_Modules/dynmat_sub.f90, subroutine RamanIR, and it is quite
straightforward. At a certain point the IR cross section is computed as

     infrared(nu) = 2.d0*(polar(1)**2+polar(2)**2+polar(3)**2)*irfac

So, replacing this by:
infrared(nu) = 2.d0*(polar(3)**2)*irfac
should do what I want (only the Z component of induced dipole is IR
active). I'll do some tests soon...

Best regards,
Michal