[QE-users] incorrect lattice parameter for tetragonal Ca-pv

Pooja Vyas poojavyas595 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 12:54:05 CET 2021

Dear users,

I have a small query regarding a vc-relax calculation of CaSiO3 I4/mcm
phase. I took the atomic positions of the structure from
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/237794899_Ab_initio_molecular_dynamics_study_of_CaSiO3_perovskite_at_PT_conditions_of_Earth's_lower_mantle
and prepared a vc-relax input file attached below. On opening output of
this vc-relax in VESTA, the lattice constants a, b, and c, all show the
same value. But that isn't true. a and c must be different for this
structure as you can see in the above publication. Can anyone please help
me know why am I getting a=c? Necessary files are attached below.
Thanks. Regards.