[QE-users] Error when using np1, np2, np3 variables in cppp.x input

Paolo Giannozzi p.giannozzi at gmail.com
Sat Dec 4 14:11:44 CET 2021

Funny: np1, np2, np3 are documented but are not in the namelist &inputpp.
Not sure why.
You may try to add them to the namelist inputpp, e.g.,
  NAMELIST /inputpp/ prefix, fileout, output, outdir, &
                     lforces, ldynamics, lpdb, lrotation, &
                     atomic_number, nframes, ndr, np1,np2,np3
at lines 58-60 of file CPV/src/cppp.f90, then recompile, and see what
happens

Paolo

On Sat, Dec 4, 2021 at 1:48 PM Mahmoud Payami Shabestari via users <
users at lists.quantum-espresso.org> wrote:

> Dear QE users and developers,
> Hi.
> When I use the variables as:
>
> np1=2 np2=2 np3=2
>
> in the input file for cppp.x, it complains with error message:
> Error reading namelist &inputpp
>
> But when I just add a line as:
> 2 2 2
> it does nothing.
> I would appreciate any comment on the possible syntax error in input file.
>
> Bests,
> Mahmoud

> Mahmoud Payami
> NSTRI, AEOI, Tehran, Iran
>
> Email: mpayami at aeoi.org.ir
> Phone: +98 (0)21 82066504

Phone +39-0432-558216, fax +39-0432-558222