[QE-users] Problems with Fe ONCV pseudopotential

Lorenzo Paulatto paulatz at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 10:14:24 CEST 2020

> *********-123.5858-123.5848-123.5814-123.5812-123.5812-123.5812-123.5812

That is quite obviously a sign of a ghost state of the pseudopotential.
I found a similar one in the sg16-ONCV pseudo of Mn some time ago.
However, the problem was only present with pseudos v 1.1 or 1.2 of the
library, while the new v 1.5 did not have it. If a new version does not
fix it, you can either change pseudo, or contact S&G to signal the issue
and ask for help.

hth

> Increasing ecut value to 85 didn't help to get rid of these asterisks. I
> have also tried abinit flavour of Fe ONCV potential and this solve the
> problem with wrong number of electrons and the spin state is the one
> that would be expected from the Hund's rule (although calculations are
> significantly slower than compared to sg15 pseudopentials).
>
> Sincerely yours,
> M. V. Kondrin

Lorenzo Paulatto - Paris