[QE-users] Query about optB86b functional

Mohammad Moaddeli mohammad.moaddeli at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 20:22:03 CEST 2020

Dear Rekha,

You do not need to generate the vdW table. It is on-the-fly in new versions
of quantum ESPRESSO. To the best of my knowledge, you should use revPBE
pseudo-potentials for vdW-optB86b functional. Check the paper on this
functional. However, I always use PBE ones. but, remember not to use LDA +
vdW (semi-empirical or ab-initio) for considering long-range interactions.

see for example:
https://journals.aps.org/prb/abstract/10.1103/PhysRevB.83.195131
https://journals.aps.org/prl/abstract/10.1103/PhysRevLett.91.126402

Best,