[QE-users] Calculating U parameter for Ni in LiNiO2 using hp.x

Timrov Iurii iurii.timrov at epfl.ch
Sun Sep 13 11:43:05 CEST 2020

Dear Mohammad,

1.In the SCF input for the supercell you have:

conv_thr = 1.0d-20

This is extremely low! Try some value in-between 1.0d-10 and 1.d-15.

2.In the HP input for the supercell you have:

ethr_nscf = 1.D-14

This is also extremely low! Try the default value of 1.0d-11.

If you still have a problem when using e.g. conv_thr=1.d-10 and ethr_nscf=1.d-11 then please put input and output files on Google Drive or Dropbox and send a link to us (do not forget to check the permissions of the shared folder).

HTH

Iurii

--
Dr. Iurii TIMROV