[QE-users] DFT+U calculation and Hubbard_J0 parameter

Yuvam Bhateja yuvamb16 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 13:58:44 CET 2020

Thank you very much for this valuable information.

I wanted to know how do I know in what orbital how much U parameter I
should provide.
In QE, there's only one option of Hubbard_U and not any orbital specific
data. But in other programs like SIESTA, I had to put U and J value for
each orbital, 3d and 4s in case of Cr.
Suppose I used U=5 in QE, how should I know what value should I use for
SIESTA?
If I use U=5 for 3d in SIESTA, what should I use for 4s as it is also one
of the outermost orbitals.

Regards
Yuvam