[QE-users] Problems with space-group and ibrav

Javier GONZALEZ PLATAS jplatas at ull.edu.es
Mon Oct 26 20:13:21 CET 2020

Dear Andrii
Thanks for the information.

Just this afternoon doing trial and error I get that the best way for
passing the unit cell parameters is using
ibrav and celdim according with manual, and for passing the asymmetric unit
for atoms and their respective equivalents then I have to use the
space_group and uniqueb. So I think that is the same that you say in your
e-mail.

About value of  ecutwfc I have seen that depending of elements on your
structure I need to increase this value (but probably I understand
incorrectly). I have C, H, Cl, N, Cu and I, therefore using PBESOL PP I
have seen that ecutwfc should be 45-46 and not 80.

I'm starting to use QE so I need time to learn....

Thanks

Javier González Platas
Research_ID: I-1937-2015
Orcid: 0000-0003-3339-2998