[QE-users] Problems with space-group and ibrav

Andrii Shyichuk andrii.shyichuk at chem.uni.wroc.pl
Mon Oct 26 19:30:44 CET 2020

Dear Javier,

As the manual says, {ibrav=0}: "crystal axis provided in input: see card
CELL_PARAMETERS".
With ibrav=0, you only specify the cell parameters. Remove space_group
and uniqueb, and specify all of the atoms in the cell.

Alternatively, if you use space_group, you specify only the irreducible
atoms (i.e. like in a cif file).
But, you must specify celldm values and not CELL_PARAMETERS. Ibrav must
be then non-zero and correspond to the space group. Also, make sure that
you use uniqueb correctly.

Also, I wonder why your ecutwfc is so high.

Best regards.
Andrii