[QE-users] pp.x does not seem to finish

Thanh-Nam Huynh namhuynh090595 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 13:13:06 CEST 2020

Dear colleagues,

I ran a pp.x job in a workstation using 40 processors to get the potential
of a surface slab a month ago. Despite that all the processors are running
at 100%, the output file stops at these lines, and nothing has changed
during this month.

Writing data to file  LaO_9layer_15vac.pot

Reading data from file  LaO_9layer_15vac.pot

Since I am a newbie with QE, I do not know whether pp.x requires such a
long time or there is some problem with my input file. Therefore, I attach
here the input and output files of my computation. Can you have a look and
give me some advice?

I really appreciate your help.
--
*Huynh Thanh-Nam*
Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Chungnam National