[QE-users] Is "block" a FORTRAN keyword? I see funny color in line qe-6.6/Modules/input_parameters.f90:656 when I open the file with VSCode or gedit

Paolo Giannozzi p.giannozzi at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 13:19:03 CEST 2020

On Mon, Oct 12, 2020 at 11:09 AM 连云龙 <lianyl at ihep.ac.cn> wrote:

When I open the source file input_parameters.f90 with VSCode or gedit, I
> saw a highlighted word "block" in line 656.

"block" is a bad choice for a variable name (it is also a fortran
statement) but I don't think it is related to your compilation problem. If
it were, you would get a different error message.

The current (development version) file input_parameters.f90 has less than
1662 lines, by the way, so I don't see how it can fail at line 1703.

Paolo
Phone +39-0432-558216, fax +39-0432-558222