[QE-users] Workstation:-Reg

Suresh A suresh2007pgp19 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 12:36:14 CEST 2020

Dear All,
                             We are going to buy workstation in our  lab to
install and run quantum espresso. The following is the workstation
configuration  we got from a vendor
                                                   1.   Intel Xeon Gold
5218R 2.1GHz,(4.0GHz Turbo, 20C, 10.4GT/s 2UPI, 27.5MB Cache,HT (125W)
DDR4-2666 1st)
                                                   2.  3.5" 2TB 7200rpm
SATA Hard Drive
                                                   3. M.2 256GB PCIe NVMe
Class 40 Solid State Drive
                                                   4. 32GB 2X16GB DDR4
3200MHZ RDIMM ECC memory
                                                   5. Radeon Pro WX 2100,
2GB, 2 mDP to DP adapter, FH 7X20T
                                                   6. No RAID
                                I am little bit confused that  whether this
configuration is okay for slab models containing 50 atoms?. Is there any
other necessary  part of workstation, like raid controller or others
missing, which is basic requirement  of workstation?

                           Thanks and Regards
                 Yours Sincerely,

 A.Suresh,
Post-Doctoral Fellow