[QE-users] PBS script and tmp stogage

janardhan H.L. janardhanhl at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 20 19:46:16 CET 2020

 Dear prof. Giannozzi
I am writing to the same thread as it may be relevant  here.
I am using qe 6.5 on  3 node linux cluster.When the calculation is performed everything runs normally. When saving wf something unusual happens.1) calculation exits without time stamps and job done stamp2) this happened due to mpi exit from  one of the node which cannot write to out dir.3) scf run only starts after copying the files to slave nodes without which it will terminate saying files cannot be read.4) after pointing  outdir to common paths (via NFS).These errors  have disappeared.
1) My question is if recent versions of QE is collecting all the wf to head node why slave nodes eco mpi abort while they have no access to head node.2) is there any way that we can restart calculations without copying to slave nodes.
Thanks and regards Janardhan