[QE-users] Energy for Cells of Different Charge

Robert Stanton stantor at clarkson.edu
Tue Dec 29 01:33:11 CET 2020

Dear Tamas Karpati,

     Definitely, the question is basically what association energies are
for things which are bound ionically. It seems I require calculation of the
lone ions with compensating background charge, as well as the neutral
compound. I am just wondering how I can partially correct/change what these
absolute DFT energies are with respect to for valid comparison between
calculations. Is there a way to do this or do you think even if achieved,
this still might be a problematic approach? Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Robert Stanton