[QE-users] Energy for Cells of Different Charge

Tamas Karpati tkarpati at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 21:22:43 CET 2020

Dear Robert,

Since each member of the series E(2-) ~ E(1-) ~ E ~ E(1+) ~ E(2+)
etc... dwell on a different
potential energy hypersurface, there is no direct physical meaning of
their energy differences.
Can you give the concrete question you try to answer?

On the other hand, it can be quite useful to compare eg. the
stabilization energies (or other
derived energy-like quantities, even band positions). In case of the
stab. ens. it is common to
make hypothetical reactions and evaluate their energies which can then
directly be compared.

Hope this helps,