[QE-users] SCf convergence for antiferromagnetic insulator

Iurii TIMROV iurii.timrov at epfl.ch
Wed Dec 2 12:43:34 CET 2020

Try to use the Quantum ESPRESSO input generator: https://www.materialscloud.org/work/tools/qeinputgenerator

In your input you have:

    occupations               = "fixed"
    smearing                  = "gaussian"
You need to decide what do you want: either use smearing (occupations="smearing" and specify the smearing type ("smearing" keyword) and the value of the broadening ("degauss" keyword)) or use fixed occupations (occupations = "fixed").

You can try to use mixing_mode='local-TF'.

You have: estimated scf accuracy    <       0.05813498 Ry after 100 iterations. This is very far from the "good" convergence (say ~10^{-10} Ry), so likely there is something wrong with your structure and/or the magnetization that you impose. Check carefully these things. Also you can try to converge the structure without the Hubbard U correction.

Greetings,

Iurii

--
Dr. Iurii TIMROV