[QE-users] MO6-L functional

Yves Ferro yves.ferro at univ-amu.fr
Wed Sep 25 15:26:11 CEST 2019

Dear Willem,

For which element(s) and for what kind of system ?
I cannot answer your question, but as far as I know, meta-GGA functionals and M06-L specifically are numerically quite unstable on periodic system, specifically for 2D materials where a large portion of the unit-cell contains vacuum.

Yves

Yves Ferro
( Aix*Marseille Université
Campus de Saint-Jérôme
Physique des Interactions Ioniques et Moléculaires
UMR 7345 - service 322
F-13 397 Marseille cedex 20
+33 (0) 4 91 28 27 09
yves.ferro at univ-amu.fr <mailto:yves.ferro at univ-amu.fr>