[QE-users] Error during compilation in the step of make all command

林聖智 r03223130 at ntu.edu.tw
Thu Sep 19 14:37:56 CEST 2019

Hi Paolo,

Thanks again for your kind help. I originally used MacPorts to install quantum-espresso 6.3, and I thought there might be a conflict between two versions, so I then uninstalled 6.3 first and complied again. However, the message, as follows, just kept showing up. And I also tried the command - make clean, but was no joy, either.

fox_init_module.f90:5:4:

 USE m_common_io, ONLY: setup_io, io_err, io_eor, io_eof
    1
Fatal Error: Cannot read module file 'm_common_io.mod' opened at (1), because it was created by a different version of GNU Fortran

Also, when I make clean, the FoX file would automatically disappear as well, so I am confused with your instruction of removing the directory FoX.

Thank you for considering my request.
Sheng-Chih Lin
r03223130 at ntu.edu.tw