[QE-users] fcc cell parameters

David Kostov dkca at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 17 23:00:06 CEST 2019

Dear QE users
I am having a very basic question regading the way of defining the structure in QE. I am trying to understand the way of defining "cell parameter" section when using the symmetry of the structure in scf.in file  of QE.

For a fcc structure I saw in the pw.x definition that with ibrave=0 , we can define (I believe it is for primitive structure?)

CELL_PARAMETERa/2(-1,0,1)
a/2(0,1,1)
a/2(-1,1,0)My question is; can we also define this as below.a/2(1,0,1)
a/2(0,1,1)
a/2(1,1,0)and does the order matters? ( I mean if I rotate this as below, does it requires any changes to the way I should give atomic positions? if so how to decide?)
a/2(0,1,1)
a/2(1,0,1)
a/2(1,1,0)

Thank you