[QE-users] Alternatives to lsign for noncollinear calculations.

Vasilios Passias billy.passias at gmail.com
Tue Sep 17 16:31:28 CEST 2019

Hello everyone.  I want to find the wavefunction phase of a particular band
for Na3Bi.  Because this material has a strong spin orbit coupling, I set
noncolin = .true. and lspinorb = .true.

Unfortunately, because noncolin = .true., I cannot use lsign = .TRUE. to
find the wavefunction phase.  Are there alternatives to find the
wavefunction phase for noncollinear calculations?

For what it is worth, I have included the input file I used to determine a
particular band's phase based on the noncollinear calculation:

&INPUTPP
prefix ='pwscf', !Prefix of files saved by program pw.x
filplot = 'Na3Bi_110_slab5_k1_b422', !file "filplot" contains the quantity
selected by plot_num
plot_num = 7,! contribution of selected wavefunction(s) to the
(pseudo-)charge density.
kpoint = 1,
kband = 422,
lsign = .TRUE.