[QE-users] Output files for ph.x

Appleton, Robert J rapplet at calstatela.edu
Tue May 28 23:50:34 CEST 2019

Hello,

After running vc-relax and scf calculations on a material BaZrS3 I tried to run the ph.x command. The ph.out file was created along with 2 files containing the dynamical matrices. The bazrs.dyn0 file was fine but the bazrs.dyn1 file was completely empty. This meant I could not run q2r.x to calculate the IFC’s. Can someone explain why the file did not contain the dynamical matrix? Also I expected more then just the 2 files because an example I am following that someone did previously for a different structure they had .dyn0-13 while I only got .dyn0 and .dyn1 with .dyn1 being empty.

I am still new to quantum espresso and any information could help.

Thanks.

Robert